Commissioned Cloak Complete! (Cool…)

008

All done!  And I am really pleased with how it turned out.  There were a couple firsts for me in this cloak.

First buttonhole.  I added two buttonholes at the neckline, one on each side, to feed a tie through (I used my trusty Janome to create the buttonholes–so easy!  I see more in my future).  I originally wanted to buy some black ribbon to use around the neckline, but the last two nights I was at the fabric store the place was a madhouse, so I opted to come straight home after work and make my own!  I pulled some black, non-stretchy fabric out of my stash and sewed up a strip, fed it through the buttonholes, and tied off the ends.

009

Man, that flannel really picks up the cat hair!  I need to find my sticky roller…

Another first was the lining!  I did a bagged lining and am no longer intimidated.  After doing this cloak, I seriously think I could do a coat.

021

There were two bags leftover, so I used one to create an inside pocket.  I left it completely intact and left the drawstrings at the top so he can pull it closed.

I created the whole cloak in a way to keep the sewn together bags and the lining in a rectangle, so if he wants, I can pull it all apart and create a quilt or a blanket out of it.

017

Feeling pretty proud of this one :)

Advertisements

2 Comments to “Commissioned Cloak Complete! (Cool…)”

  1. As you should. It looks great!

  2. Wow. You are no joke. Neither is the guy who requested this. It turned out to be really amazing. I must admit, I had my doubts at first… Way to go on this one!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: