“You put the lemon in the coconut and shake it all up!”
(Yes, I know it’s supposed to say lime, but do you see any lime in the following recipe? I rest my case.)
OK, I caved and made the Lemon Coconut Bread last night.
I won’t show pictures because it came out looking exactly like the one in the recipe (and I also don’t have my camera with me to upload all the pictures I DID take…) (EDIT: Came back and added pics! :) ).
This bread tastes DIVINE.
If you make this, though, I would recommend waiting until it completely cools to eat it, otherwise your first impression will be that it’s WAY too lemony. But trust me, the next morning tear off a chunk and the balance between coconut and lemon is perfect. A wonderfully refreshing summer bread! I think it would also be tasty as muffins with a vanilla glaze over the top. MMMmmmm…
- Speaking of summer, Millie Motts posted some pretty cute retro pictures of swimsuits!
- And speaking of bread, a wonderful pictorial of Rita’s Homemade Bread.
- You might be able to tell from a few of the links what has been on my mind lately: Quilts!
- Here’s a really helpful (for beginners) guide to different types of quilt batting.
- Found this awesome website called the Quilter’s Cache. Stocked full of free quilt block patterns! (Note: site plays music and there’s no off button that I could find)
- The same gal at Behind the Curtain who started Grandma Club also has a papergoods company called 16 Sparrows. Her irreverant greeting card line is hilarious. If you don’t mind swear words, I’d recommend taking a look (my favorites are her thank you and cry baby cards).
- And on a feel good note, Already Pretty writes about compliment bravery and linked to a wonderful little post about anonymous compliments.
Have a lovely weekend!