Beautiful weather all this week! I’ve been able to break out some of my summer clothes and have worn skirts and dresses most of the time. I wish I could be taking pictures to share, but working two jobs (essentially) has my mind beyond such frivilous things :) That and by the time I remember to take a pic of my outfit, I’ve already come home and slipped into pajamas. Oh well.
For some reason this week I’ve been thinking of old TV shows that I remember watching when I was a kid. Some I can’t find online, like Ramona (who by the way–and I didn’t know this until now–was played by Sarah Polley who was also in Road to Avonlea which was another show I loved watching!).
- St. Elsewhere is a show I’ve heard of but didn’t know anything about until it popped up on Hulu. Since ER is now gone this has been a neat replacement!
- I love The Rockford Files and have had them playing on my computer during slow times at work. I remember when I was little I would watch them with my dad when he came home for lunch. Seasons 1-3 are on Hulu, but all 6 seasons are on instant play with Netflix.
- And who could forget Little House on the Prairie? At 10am every morning (until they changed to 9am–funny how I remember something little like that!), we stopped schooling and I planted myself in front of the tv. I never missed an episode.
- As far as cartoons went, Rocky & Bullwinkle and Inspector Gadget were my faves growing up.
- Every Saturday night, we would order pizza and watch Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation, back to back. I have lived long and prospered thanks to those nights.
- A little ocean related sci-fi: Did anyone ever watch SeaQuest or Ocean Girl? I would have dreams that I was a mermaid and could breathe underwater. It was awesome.
What were some of your favorite TV shows growing up?